No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Support

Urls in CSS not being rewritten

By cole atkinson @cole2019-09-23 02:15:36.846Z

I'm having issues with fonts that are being included by URL in CSS of a theme (cssigniter carbone).

Here is the code in question:

@font-face { font-family: 'FontAwesome'; src: url('../fonts/fontawesome-webfont.eot?v=4.7.0'); src: url('../fonts/fontawesome-webfont.eot?#iefix&v=4.7.0') format('embedded-$ font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; }
This css file exists in "/wp-content/themes/carbone/css/", so it refers to "/wp-content/themes/carbone/fonts/fontawesome....". The static site is hosted at mysite.com/mystaticsite/, and these urls are being rewritten as mysite.com/wp-content/themes... rather than mysite.com/mystaticsite/wp-content/themes..., i.e. its removing the first directory. Everything else works correctly in this site.

Any ideas? At this point I'll be rewriting the urls manually, however this is a common issue on a number of cssigniter themes.

• 2 replies
  1. M
    Matt Moore @mattsmartamusltd2019-10-03 21:38:26.873Z

Also having this exact problem. Any ideas? When a URL is embedded in a stylesheet, it seems to keep reference to the original wordpress URL, even when relative URLs are selected.

1. Ccole atkinson @cole2019-10-04 00:56:20.633Z

I wasn't able to fix the issue with any of the plugin settings.

My solution was to replace all relative URLs in CSS with absolute URLs for the destination site.