No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Support

WP2S using wrong db

By Jud Taylor @dagmar2019-09-29 14:49:13.368Z

I am trying to use WP2Static to deploy one site from a multisite WP install, following
https://docs.wp2static.com/en/getting-started/test-deploy/

I am testing using a brand new WP site.
I have reset WP2static settings to factory.
I ran "Start Static Export", which seemed to work.
I clicked on "Go to my static site".
The content generated is definitely from the MySQL instance I use for my WordPress installation, but is from a db set up for a different WP site.

Q: does WP2static work with WP multisite?
Q: If so, how can I specify, for a site FOO on my multisite WP instance, a database to use to generate a static site using WP2Static?

Solved in post #3, click to view
  • 3 replies
  1. D
    Jud Taylor @dagmar2019-09-29 15:43:16.382Z

My misunderstanding.

OLDSITE is actually deployed live on the WWW. The button "Go to my static site" actually goes to the WWW. I expected it to go to my newly minted, local static site, FOO.

ReplySolution
    1. In reply todagmar:
      Frans Allen @frans2019-10-02 04:15:43.716Z

Hi Jud,

This is Frans. Many thanks for your query.

Go to my static site button will go right where you put the Destination URL after a successful deploy.

For your questions:

Does WP2static work with WP multisite?

Answer: Yes.

If so, how can I specify, for a site FOO on my multisite WP instance, a database to use to generate a static site using WP2Static?

Answer: The plugin will work for the site where the plugin is run. Unless we use WP-CLI to set which sites will be made static.

Multisite is one that we want to explore, we will share with you when we find something nice. Let me know if there are errors for the answers above, or you have other questions.

In the meantime, can you clarify whether this problem has been resolved?

1. Progress
      2. D
        Jud Taylor @dagmar2019-09-29 15:06:37.101Z

I have read that WP2Static does work on Multisite.

So, how should I control which db from my MySQL is used to generate a static site?

I have a db that holds content for OLDSITE.

I have installed WP, enabled multisite, and have a brand-new site FOO.

When, from the WP admin interface for FOO, I run WP2Static, a static site is generated, but it is apparently using data from the db for OLDSITE.

I suspect a setting exists to control, for site FOO, to use FOO's db.