GitLab as a deployment option
consider the difference between multiple commits vs uploading blobs then creating a tree/reference as per current GitHub implementation (con is doesn't allow for diff-based deploys)
- 5 replies
- NNathan Guenther @nathang212018-10-20 17:12:43.864Z
Yes please! Gitlab CI works so well for our workflow, a direct deployment would be perfect.
- Leon Stafford @leonstafford2018-10-23 01:59:57.557Z
Ready to test now in the latest snapshot on GitHub > Releases - please let me know how you go! I'm injecting the gitlab config YAML file as part of the deploy, as we have to empty the folder with a commit before uploading the site files in another (until they release their update which will allow us to push only the files we want, without needing to detect their presence first (which would make for super slow deploys)
I could only ramp up the Upload batch size to 10 for GitLab, you may have to adjust that based on your server/client's ping's to GitLab
- @leonstafford marked this topic as Planned 2018-10-23 01:56:37.042Z.
- @leonstafford marked this topic as Started 2018-10-23 01:56:42.717Z.
- @leonstafford marked this topic as Done 2018-10-23 01:56:45.766Z.