BitBucket as a deployment option
- 7 replies
- EEd Munroe @EDM2018-10-21 11:47:53.319Z
I would love to see this. I have been using Netlify connected to my BitBucket account and it has been terrific. I have not used GitLab yet.
When I considered Gitlab and BitBucket side-by-side, BitBucket's free tier struck me as being more straightforward than GitLab.
I can see the attraction of GitLab as a self-hosted option, but I reckon that far more people will want to use a hosted service anyway (whether that be GitHub, GitLab or BitBucket).
- Leon Stafford @leonstafford2018-10-22 00:24:47.052Z
starting on BitBucket testing now.
didn't like seeing this though:
Finally, we inject a rum.js script into each Bitbucket website. This script captures internal web analytics and statistics.
Though we could add some extra JS to detect and remove this after it's added :)
I think that the rum.js is only inserted when you specifically use BitBucket site hosting (username.bitbucket.org) but not in the use-case we are suggesting: using a BitBucket repository as a code store for a website to be hosted by another service, such as Netlify.
I can confirm that rum.js does not appear in any of my bb-fed Netlify sites.
Also, dude, you're complaining about free rum!
- @leonstafford marked this topic as Planned 2018-10-23 01:56:50.513Z.
- @leonstafford marked this topic as Started 2018-10-23 01:56:52.142Z.
- @leonstafford marked this topic as Done 2018-10-23 01:56:55.022Z.